.

.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Closet Hipster No More

It has recently come to my attention that I am a closet hipster; I was slightly miffed at first by the accusation because I do not have a handlebar mustache, a manual type writer, and do not have an affinity for triangles AND most importantly, I don't have a fixed gear bicycle...but I wish I did. Oops.

Actually, I wish I had a manual type writer too. When I was a teenager my grandmother gave me one and nothing brought me greater joy than typing things on it. Sure the inked ribbon was a pain in the ass and the keys got stuck more often than not, but oh the soothing click-clacking of the keys...so worth all the trouble they gave me.

Lately I've found that my musical tastes are a bit more eclectic than usual. Now don't get me wrong, I still adore Sarah McLachlan, but there's something to be said for the sweet soothing voice of Dan Smith from Bastille, the drumbeats of Imagine Dragons, and the sheer joy I get from listening to Fitz and the Tantrums singing about breaking down walls.

And...the scarves. My goodness, how did I just discover how fantastic scarves are? (Not the crochet/knit ones, but the pashmina type scarves) they look fantastic with everything. Dresses up a t shirt, dresses down a button down. Not only that, but they keep you warm. It's fashionable and practical. Wait, did I just say that?

What else classifies me as a hipster? Chunky black glasses (which I need to see dammit!) loving owls (who knew?) Drinking beer no one else seems to like (rolling rock, not PBR gross) and I shop at thrift stores (because I'm thrifty, not ironic!)

Oh well, at least I own it, ya know? I've never been huge on labels but I wear this one with pride...which means I'm not truly a hipster (ha ha! gotcha!)

Here, have some hipster music...you'll like it, I'm sure!

Oblivion by Bastille

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Break the Walls by Fitz and the Tantrums

No comments:

Post a Comment